Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Audix D6

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey everyone,
    I've heard such great things about these mics. They are as rare as rocking horse poo in England, but the studio I I've just done a new jingle in was pretty well equipped and had quite a selection...

    I was knocked the hell out...

    What a sound! I usually use a combination of Beta 52 and Beta 91 mixed, but this D6 seems to cover all bases. I've just got a gig with a UK Pop Idol girl band and got given a bit of a budget so I've just ordered one for myself from the U.S. along with some other bits and bobs. I recommend you all try this one out. Granted, it won't be "The Sound" EVERYONE is looking for, but it's bloody good!

    Randy, you seem pretty geared up, where is the cheapest place you know of to get an EV RE20? The cheapest UK price I can get is ?790.52, that's about $1300... Any ideas anyone???

    MP

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am really happy with the D6, have one in my 18x20 kic drum and the last studio I brought that drum into was really excited about the sounds we were getting with that combination.
    Best place for an RE20?

    EBAY
    http://search.ebay.com/RE20_W0QQsoke...ectZ1QQfromZR8

    here's quite a few under 400.00

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 16, 2004 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Randy Walker ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sweep's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 12th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For some reason RE20's are expensive over here......

    Try Thomann - a German music shop that delivers to the UK for ?9....... an RE20 is ?338 here

    I've just ordered one myself. Another thing to do is go into Turnkey on Tottenham Court Rd and tell them to match the Thomann price.... they have to- Turnkey advertise as the cheapest prices in Europe.... I've done this before without any problems and saved hundreds oof pounds [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Because the pound is so strong at the moment Ebay gear from the US is very tempting....Does anyone know what the customs rules are on this?

    Good luck

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys,
    I tried Musikservice.de but didn't think about Thomman. I've ordered stuff from Germany before and it's always panned out well. Because it's in Europe too, I won't need to pay any duty on it.

    Having said that, there are some really nice new ones on eBay like Randy said...

    What to do...

    MP

  5. #5
    Inactive Member neber_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    just being really nosey here: whats the name of the Pop Idol girl band you're touring with? Is it Girls Aloud by any chance?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    neber_dude,

    Yes it is. We're doing TOTP on Friday night. Tune in and let me know what you think!

    MP

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Randy,
    I think they are all in their 20's to be honest, all apart from one. They are brilliant girls and the other guys in the band are pretty awesome players. I'm really lucky!

    MP

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    kewl, there are certainly worse things you coul dbe looking at from behind the kit! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member neber_dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Randy Walker:
    kewl, there are certainly worse things you coul dbe looking at from behind the kit! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that...

    pic4

    Groovemeister : you lucky bastard!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It makes "going to work" much easier!

    MP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •